Setting Up Power Query
This article shows how to set up Power Query to access your Cezanne data from within Microsoft Excel using the API. It contains the following sections:
1. Allowing Access to the API
In order to use Power Query, you will first need to enable API access:
2. Check Microsoft Office Installation Type
Before downloading Power Query you need to check if your Microsoft Office installation is 32-bit or 64-bit:
- Open Microsoft Excel and
- Navigate to: File >> Account >> About Excel:
3. Installing Power Query
- Download the Power Query Add-In from the Microsoft website. (Make sure to choose the file which matches your Office Installation from the above step).
- Once downloaded, run the MSI installer and follow the setup steps:
- When the Install has completed, select Finish.
4. Configuring Power Query in Excel
- Open Excel and select Blank Workbook:
- Select Power Query tab
- Select From Other Sources >> From OData Feed:
- Enter the OData Feed address - "https://w3.cezanneondemand.com/cezanneondemand/v2/dataservice.svc/" and click OK:
- Select 'Basic' from the side panel.
- Enter your Cezanne Username and Password.
- Click Save.
- When the OData feed loads, select one of the items from the Navigator:
- Click Continue to change the data privacy:
- The query you have selected will now show data from the Cezanne system: