Clock In / Out Exceptions
To help track and monitor attendance, Exception rules can be enabled on a Clock In / Clock Out plan.
Depending on your system configuration, when these rules are broken by an employee in your team, for example someone fails to Clock In / Out, an exception will be raised to Line Managers who have been given access to the Clock In / Out Exceptions screen.
This article explains the Exception Rules available and how to manage any exceptions raised.
Depending on your system configuration, you may be able to view, archive or reject an Exception raised on the Clock In / Out Exceptions screen.
To view any exceptions that have been raised, navigate to: Time >> Clock In / Out Exceptions.
- View/Edit Exception button. For more information, see: View & Edit.
- The Status column displays the status of the Clock In Clock Out record. There are 4 status':
- Archive / Reject buttons.
- Filter Exceptions by Employee Name.
- Filter Exceptions by Status. 'Pending and Information' Exceptions are displayed by default.
To view and edit a Clock In / Out Record from the Exceptions screen:
- Click on the Pencil Icon to view the Clock In / Clock Out Record.
- The Clock in / Out record can be edited from the Current Details section.
- Click Archive/Reject (optional).
There are 3 different sections on an Exception record:
Rejecting an Exception signifies that you do not accept a Clock In / Out time, for example, if an employee manually enters the incorrect time and this breaks an Exception rule the exception can be rejected.
- Click on the 'X'.
- Enter a Rejection Comment.
- Click Save.
The Rejection and Rejection Comment will appear on the Clock In / Out record: